Kat’s Breakfast Muffin
Serves: 12 people, 4 CrossFitters
Prep time: 15 AMRAP
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium eating apples, peeled and grated
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g raisins
- 11⁄2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 tsp honey
1. Stick your oven to 180°C and rub butter (or coconut oil) in a muffin tin, make sure you go for a 12 hole rack and don’t hold back on the butter. Wash your hands before and after - nobody wants butter fingers.
2. Jam all ingredients in one giant bowl, except 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, the cream cheese and honey. Beat it with a spoon until fully mashed. If you have a fancy machine, use this. I prefer the workout.
3. Take the batter, place in the muffin tin and put in the oven for 25min. Don’t forget to lick the spoon.
4. When you take these little suckers out, whip together the remaining vanilla extract, cream cheese and honey. If the muffins are too hot the spread will melt. So have patience and wait for them to cool. Don’t forget to lick the spoon.
5. Serve with coffee, because everything tastes better with coffee.